SCORE is made up of volunteers from most area of business expertise, coming together as a team to complete a common goal: to help small businesses succeed.
The Baton Rouge Chapter is always interested in finding new counselors who have a strong business background and a desire to share their knowledge with others in our community.
Nationwide over 10,500 men and women, retired and working, donate their time and talent to assist America’s entrepreneurs. At our 389 SCORE offices, volunteers provide confidential one-to-one and team business counseling and low-cost entrepreneurial training workshops and seminar. In addition, many counselors are virtual volunteers, providing email counseling directly from their homes or offices.
As a SCORE volunteer, you will:
- Be a leader in the effort to provide real-world assistance to small businesses.
- Have an opportunity to build relationships with local civic and business leaders, and local business service providers.
- Gain fulfillment by sharing your business experience and expertise with a new generation of entrepreneurs.
- Build relationships with local business leaders to provide economic growth and employment opportunities in the Baton Rouge area.
- Connect with entrepreneurs though counseling, or share your knowledge at SCORE’s entrepreneurial training workshops.
For a part-time volunteer opportunity with extremely flexible hours, please contact us for more information about joining the Baton Rouge chapter. Be sure to include information regarding your area(s) of expertise. We look forward to hearing from you!